Will your Phoenix heating system make it through the winter?
Your heater is a hard-working piece of equipment wiht many moving parts. It requires lubricants and many systems require fluids. Many heaters are exposed to the elements. They collect dust and dirt and are subject to extreme wear and tear. Common sense would tell you that in order to keep your heating system working at maximum efficiency, it needs regular tune-ups and maintenance.
Residential Phoenix Heater Maintenance ~ Commercial Heater Service & Repair in Phoenix Arizona
Unfortunately, most consumers don’t properly maintain their heating systems. In a recent survey, over 55% of Phoenix home owners admitted that they don’t schedule regular tune-ups for their heating systems and heater units. Not coincidentally, over 50% of all Phoenix heating system users express dissatisfaction with the performance of their heater and its high cost to operate. Service records show that most major and costly heating repair jobs could have been prevented if detected early with a simple tune-up.
Phoenix Heater Maintenance and Repair ~ Heating System Maintenance in Phoenix AZ
There’s no doubt about it: a precision tune up and maintenance for the heating unit on your house is the simplest and best thing you can do to guarantee that your heater will keep you comfortable all winter long and your best assurance that small heating problems don’t develop into bigger, more expensive headaches.
Why You Should Schedule a Maintenance for Your Phoenix Heater?
Manufacturers, utility companies and HVAC professionals recommend regularly scheduled tune-ups and maintenance on heating systems. Why? Because they can reduce equipment breakdowns by as much as 95% and lower utility bills by up to 30%!
- You greatly increase the chances that your Heating technician will catch small problems before they become big ones. Repairing a loose wire that’s caught during a tune-up doesn’t cost more than the service call itself. On the other hand, that loose wire burning your compressor out, however, can cost a well over a thousand dollars or more. What would you rather pay for — an ounce of prevention now or a pound of cure later?
- Precision tune-ups ensure that your A/C unit is working at optimal efficiency. When your Heater is running properly, it uses less energy to cool your home. Lower energy use means bigger savings on your monthly utility bills.
Bottom Line: An air conditioner tune-up will save you lots of money in both the long and short term…and provide peace of mind!
When to Schedule Maintenance for Your Phoenix Heating System
Heater tune-ups should be scheduled at least once a year; more if you live in a cold climate or subject your heater to heavy usage. For most homeowners, fall is the ideal time to schedule a heater tune-up. After sitting idle all summer, your system may be a little rusty and have a few kinks; a tune-up is the best way to eliminate any negative impact the summer may have had on your heating system.
Maintenance that is performed early in the season can identify or prevent many small problems from becoming more expensive problems later on when the winter heat really kicks in. And by scheduling your heater tune-up for spring, you’ll also beat the long waits and higher prices that come during the winter months when peak demand occurs…and when you really want your heater to work properly.
What Does a Heating System Maintenance Consist Of?
Our Heating precision tune-up and professional heater maintenance is very detailed. Your heating technician will perform several individual operations:
- Calibrate and level thermostat
- Check, clean and/or replace filters (customer supplied)
- Monitor volts/amps on fan motor
- Lubricate and inspect outdoor motor bearings for wear
- Clean condenser coil (with water-on heat pumps)
- Check for proper refrigerant levels and operating pressure
- Inspect safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect disconnect box for proper rating and installation
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Test/Inspect contactors for burned pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical system for exposed wiring
- Test and inspect capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure temperature difference-supply/return
- Inspect visible ductwork for energy loss
- Monitor compressor for proper amperage, volt draw and wiring connections
Schedule Your Phoenix Heater Maintenance and Professional Cleaning Today!
One hour is all it takes to complete a typical Heater tune-up and cleaning. An annual heater tune-up is the easiest way to guarantee that your air conditioning system will run properly through the summer and stay at peak performance for years to come. To ensure worry-free, money-saving operation, schedule a heating system precision tune-up today! To schedule your heating system tune up, you can call us at 602-344-9924 or use the form to the left to request an appointment online.